Hella Basque is a blog for young Basque Americans to share:
- their experiences of Basque American culture and community
- their reflections on growing up Basque in the United States
- their appreciation for Basque culture and the Basque Country
Although founded and edited by Anne Marie, Hella Basque welcomes guest posts, submissions, and ideas from all members of the Basque American community. It is Anne Marie’s hope that Hella Basque can provide a space for diverse Basque American voices.
If you don’t know much about the Basques, hopefully this blog will help to inform you. Here are some of Hella Basque’s most popular posts:
- You Know You’re Basque American When…
- 10 Ways to Spot a Basque
- Top 5 Things Not to Say to a Girl’s Aita
- Real Talk: Why I Don’t (Usually) Hook Up
- My Love/Hate Relationship with the Basque Country
If you like what you read, click on the email signup link in the sidebar to the right to get blog posts sent directly to your inbox.
If you’re looking for a quick summary of the Basque Country and its people, read more here.
Wanting to see what Basques get up to here in the United States? The North American Basque Organization’s website is a must read.
If you have any questions or comments, please get in touch!